Saturday, September 14, 2013

Oh Deer! Get Well Soon...

I finally have in my possession the stamp set I've been dying for since its announcement date! It's Lawn Fawn's "Into the Woods", and it's mine, and you can't have it. (I also got the Yeti set, a vampire bunny, and a few other things in my order... but enough about my poor shopping habits!)

My significant other's mother just had an overnighter in the ER. Not cool. She'll be fine (she always is), but since she loves my cards, I'll take that as a reason to rip open the package and start stamping. Enter the most adorable deer to ever be stamped on paper!


This is one of the Shadow Box Cards. I highly recommend the collection. Particularly because they fold flat for mailing, which is about the awesomest thing ever. I've used them before... just not on this blog! ;) :P I'll leave you to figure that out.

I wanted a bit of a 'rainy day' feeling, so I tried for a muted blue-gray color scheme. The paper of the back panel (Amy Tangerine Sketchbook 'Indigo Inspiration') really does the work. I also thought pale woodgrain would be neutral and not overwhelming; it's a technique I saw on this card and really wanted to duplicate.

I got the inspiration to 'bookplate' the title at the last minute. I contemplated die cutting an inverse corner tag for it, but I thought that might be overkill. (Plus, I had already stamped the sentiment three times, so I quit.) I still think it kind of looks like a label you might see on a wall plaque or diorama anyway.

The tree is my favorite trick of the whole thing. I stamped one tree from Lawn Fawn 'Critters in the Forest', colored, and then cut it in half down the center. You can see how it's popped off the back panel with the cut edge hidden in the side pic. Saved coloring and cutting another tree! I adhered them at different heights so they would look like they weren't two halves of the same tree. But they are... and now that you know my secret, I'm going to have to kill you.

Just kidding.

~Happy crafting!~

ETA: My card was included on this Lawn Fawn Fawny Flickr Monday post! I am so honored!

Supplies: abovementioned plus: pale blue, sky blue, white cardstocks; Lawn Fawn 'On the Mend'; Hero Arts 'Designer Woodgrain'; Tsukineko Memento Black and VersaMagic Niagara Mist; Spectrum Noir DG2, 3, and 4; Copic Blender; Paper Studio 'Crackle Round' gray gems; Fiskars corner rounder; 3D adhesive and a metric crapton of liquid glue at the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment