Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Best Wishes in Navy and Champagne

I was scrolling through all the blogs I subscribe to when I stopped, dropped, and made a card. I just had to when I saw Runway Inspired Challenge #44! I've always wanted to play along with them, but haven't for whatever reason. I saw the champagne and navy blue dress and thought: this needs my navy blue spray mist! Bam! Have a card...


This card was fast to make, but kind of messy. To get the big ink blobs from a spray, don't spray! Take the lid off the bottle, and whack the lid against the bottle so big drops come off the sprayer straw. When I had a few big wet drops, I shook and tapped the card around so they would smear and run. Then I hit it with a regular misting.

There's two layers of vellum on there as one layer was too see-through for my tastes. The stamp took six, yes six runs to get a clean impression. My ink was too wet, me thinks, and the sides swirls (which I ended up cutting off) would not impress or would ghost. I think it turned out pretty well though! I was hoping for 'an elegant mess' and I think I got there (and in record speed to boot!).

~Happy Crafting!~

Supplies: Bazzill Basics Walnut Cream; vellum; American Crafts navy ribbon, cream sateen ribbon; Paper Studio Gemstones 'Jeweltones Mosaic'; Inkadinkadoo 'Vintage Expressions'; Tsukineko Brilliance 'Mediterranean Blue'.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the splatter Amanda! What a great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love hoe the spray mist looks on its own, and under the vellum! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete