Friday, September 20, 2013

Hoppy Halloween from the Vampire Bunny!

I knew my other half would get a kick out of 'Bunnicula' here. He's also rather fond of my first-ever attempt at an inked background. I've seen plenty of inked night skies, but never built my own. It's a little harder to do, I think, with my chalk inks rather than the Distress inks, but I worked with what I had!


Mr. Vampire was masked out over watercolor paper and the blues and greens were inked. He and his shadow were done with colored pencils. The moon and stars stamps are just outlines. I stamped the outlines in VersaMark, then filled them in (quickly!) with an embossing pen. Then I used white embossing powder over it all.

I like him! I never seem to do square cards, but I felt he needed something solid to sit on, and an A2 was just not cutting it. Hope you enjoy!

Supplies: Black cardstock; ivory vellum; Authentique 'Enchanted' 6x6 papers; Lawn Fawn 'Hoppy Halloween' stamps; Lawn Fawn and American Crafts twine; Basic Grey brad; Doodlebug Designs pearls; white embossing powder; Tsukineko inks -- almost every blue and green VersaMagic Dewdrop plus VersaMark and StazOn black.

No comments:

Post a Comment