Sunday, September 8, 2013

Best Wishes and a triple-scoop of challenges

Since I have all this time on my hands (having been laid off, did I mention that?) I'm continuing with my personal challenge to use and do things that I don't normally do. Add two more challenges: I'm playing with Mojo Monday 309 (sketch) and Stamping Royalty 192 (patterned paper). I decided I'm going to use a coordinating patterns (does washi tape count?) and go as whole-hog as I can into freestyle collage. My friend Michelle is really good at this, particularly with combining patterns and adding dots in random places, which sets off my OCD sensor most of the time.

Bonus: these papers were a freebie from an Archivers deal I got forever ago. Shop the stash, y'all! The 'washi tape' on the bottom left is actually part of the paper. Even more fun: using coordinating colors I had no idea where or how they'd be used! (Looking at you Lawn Fawn Retro twine!)


ETA: Not-iPhone photo!


Supplies: Studio Calico 'Take Note' and Mr. Huey's 'Cameo; Bazzill Basics 'Vanilla Cream'; Anna Griffen 'Modern Graphic' stamps; Tsukineko VersaMagic 'Pink Grapefruit'; Ranger Distress Ink 'Antique Linen'; patterned Washi tape; 3D adhesive; My Mind's Eye 'Sky's the Limit' enamel dots; Hemptique and Lawn Fawn twine.

1 comment: