Sunday, July 14, 2019

We Bee-long Together

I am not a huge fan of bees, but I love all the hexagons in the "Bee Yourself" kit from Simon Says. For this card, I wanted to combine the TGIF Challenge #220 with Color Throwdown #551. How do you work pink into a card with bees? I debated doing the background with a gold foil paper and pink honeycomb, but I decided to reverse it, because yellow hexagons is more believable. 

I stamped the honeycomb in Tsukineko Galaxy Gold ink. I stamped a few times with the MISTI to make sure the gold came through. The bee-heart is in Memento black over top. I think Staz-on black would have worked better over top of the gold ink, but my pad dried out!! I filled in the bee with Zig Wink of Stella gold pen and a white chalk marker, then I covered it with Glossy Accents. A few filled in honeycomb, and some white hexagon enamel dots completes it all. I really like it, and I hope you do to.





1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! Love the whole concept of this card. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete