Sunday, October 25, 2015

Halloween Cards: My first serious makes in forever!

It's been a long, long time since I have devoted some serious amount of time to paper crafting. This isn't to say I haven't done any, but that I've not given it a central focus for months on end. I decided to get back on the "holiday schedule" with cards for the loved ones outside of the immediate area. Here are the four I've made this past week. Lots of Lawn Fawn stamps, Spectrum Noir coloring, some We R Memory Keepers "Bewitched" papers, and some Wink of Stella here and there (both pen and brush). I think these all meet the "Too Cute to Spook" Lawnscaping Challenge. Maybe?






This is off of Get Sketchy #1.


This last card was a beast. I actually started the diagonal background stamping sometime last year. Gave up on the coloring because I didn't have the full set of Spectrum Noirs yet and it was getting a bit nuts to blend orange from the handful of colors I had. I also didn't quite know what to do with a sentiment. The small ones that came with the set were going to get lost. Found a bigger one from a different set, white embossed it, distressed it, and then added a dark purple "drop shadow" with a Sakura Micron to the lettering. That made it stand out enough for me to be happy with it. A few pop dots, and boom!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you created a bunch of cards!! I think the bottom one is my favorite. How clever to repeat the animals like a pattern. Love that! Thank you for playing along with Lawnscapings Challenges. - Roxanne

    ReplyDelete