Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Crappy Day, Great Results

My mom had a FABULOUS day at work the other day. So fabulous in fact that she decided to retire early... by putting in her two weeks notice! The circumstances were crap, but the results are awesome. Hence, the card made from toilets and hearts.



I used the sketch and some of the colors from this month's Unity Challenge. To make the background, I took the Toilet Paper Roll from 'Crappy Day' and stamped it in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Purple on a diagonal. I drew some very light lines with a guide to help with spacing. I fussy cut the potty from 'AH Crap' very carefully. I stamped the 'Sorry' sentiment from 'Crappy Day' on vellum and embossed it in white. I love running vellum through a Xyron sticker maker because then it doesn't show glue marks when you adhere it to your project. On the inside I stamped 'Congrats on taking the plunge' from 'AH Crap'. 

I'm rather fond of this card! I hope my mom likes it. :) Congratulations, mom. Happy retirement. Sorry it had to come about in such a crappy way.

2 comments:

  1. Love the toilet paper on the background ... fantastic design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thunk a toilet would be so cute on a card!

    ReplyDelete